The Corner is a young person’s health and information service based in Dundee City Centre.
The Corner offers a wide range of Health & Information services through our city centre Drop-in and outreach work. Services are all free, informal and confidential. Services are for those aged 11-19 years (up to 25yrs for those in crisis).
OUR VISION IS TO
Enable young people to look after and improve their own health and wellbeing.
OUR AIMS ARE TO
- Deliver high quality, person centred safe care.
- Promote early intervention and prevention.
- Reduce health inequalities.
- Identify and support unpaid Carers.
- Protect young people from harm by ensuring effective arrangements in place to identify, escalate and respond to concerns.
- Build capacity of staff, partners and young people to improve health outcomes.
- Accessible to young people across Dundee so that they can receive right advice and support at the right time and place for them.
- Holistic, person centred and focused on enabling young people to achieve their personal outcomes and be protected from harm.
- Underpinned by excellent governance arrangements so that an assurance is provided regarding the quality, safety and effectiveness of the advice, support, treatment and information provided.
- Implemented collaboratively within The Corner team and partner agencies so young people receive advice and support that is integrated from their perspective.
- Responsive to Carers so that Carers receive the support they need to continue in the caring role.